The Brewers fan-designed uniform (to be wore by the team on March 22 in Arizona and March 30 in Milwaukee) was created by a Twins fan.
It features the Brewers lesser-known mascot, “Beer Barrel Man”. He was used by the Brewers from 1970-1977. And he is AMAZING.
Important note: “The Beer Barrel Man is sometimes confused with Bernie Brewer. Bernie has always been a human figure, first a regular man in lederhosen and then a costumed human mascot suit.”- Wikipedia
Get it right, people. Get it right.
Top: Shoulder patch for the uniform
Bottom: Hat and jersey
- Stab him with a tap and suck his blood. Mmm…tastes like Spotted Cow.
- Much better than that boring “M” but still not the concise and perfect glove logo.
- I, too, am described as “a human figure, first a regular man in lederhosen and then a costumed human mascot suit.”
- Why the hell didn’t I know there was a fan-designed uniform—sorry, YOUniform contest? (It would have been a uniform covered in famous Brewers mustaches like that of Rollie Fingers, Pete Vuckovich, and Robin Yount. With real hair. Shaved off of the heads and faces of Cubs fans.)
- The Twins fan who designed this is hoping to bring Marisa Tomei to the game as his date. No. On behalf of the Brewers, as well as, Wisconsin, I offer you a cheese curd in a leather skirt or Joe Pesci’s hairpiece. Choose wisely.